- 325 ml fat free milk
- 190 ml water
- 190 ml cream
- 5 tbsp Xylitol
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cup strawberries
- 1 ½ tsp sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean, Split Open
- 2 tsp Powdered Gelatine
- Place the fat free milk in a medium heavy saucepan with the seeds from the vanilla bean.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the milk and let it stand for 10 minutes to soften the gelatine grains.
- In the meantime, prepare an ice bath in a large plastic bowl.
- After 10 minutes have passed, heat the saucepan and stir over medium heat just until the gelatine dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 3 minutes.
- Mix the water and cream, 5 tbsp xylitol and salt. Whisk well with the milk mixture and leave until the mixture is hot, but do not let it come to a boil, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, then transfer the liquid into a clean, metal medium-sized bowl. Place the bowl in the ice bath to cool for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Divide the mixture evenly, about 1/2 cup each between 6 small dessert bowls or glass parfait glasses, then cover each with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- 1 hour before serving, combine sugar and halved strawberries in a medium bowl, tossing to coat. Cover and chill, tossing strawberries occasionally. Drain strawberries before serving.
- When ready to eat, spoon the fresh strawberries over the panna cotta and serve.