For Healthcare Professionals
Health professionals that have patients who may benefit from regular fitness may get reports that regular gyms intimidate their patients. Too many mirrors, and the added distraction of men at the gym can cause women to feel daunted by the prospect of joining a gym. Curves offers an environment that is exclusively for women, with a community of support that welcomes women of all ages and fitness levels.
Simply put, the Curves system delivers proven results for women seeking to improve their overall health and fitness. Read more below about the scientific facts behind the Curves workout.
The Science Behind Curves
- Fitness Resource for Patients
- Research Abstracts
- Texas A&M University Exercise and Sports Nutrition Laboratory
- Press Room:
- No-no to the Yo-yo Effect: Want to lose weight and keep it off? Research suggests combining a protein-rich diet with circuit resistance exercise.
- Studies Show Curves™ Program Raises Metabolic Rate in Overweight and Sedentary Women
- Curves' Theory on Permanent Weight Loss Proven for a Second Time
- Curves Advanced Workout
- Long-term efficacy of women participating in the Curves fitness and weight loss program
- Changes in weight loss, body composition and cardiovascular disease risk after altering macronutrient distributions during a regular exercise program in obese women.
Health Professional Resources
- How to Talk to Your Patients About Their Weight
- Curves Member Success Stories
- Exercise and Arthritis
- Exercise and Cardiovascular Disease
- Exercise and Diabetes
- Exercise and Osteoporosis
- Exercise and Pregnancy
- Exercise Lowers Healthcare Costs
- CBS News Report, Oct. 31, 2007, "Obesity Nears Smoking As Cancer-Causer: 'Eye-Opener' Major Report Analyzed 7,000 Clinical Trials And Took 5 Years To Complete"
The Curves workout offers proven benefits for women seeking to improve their health and fitness levels, making it a helpful part of any treatment.
Meal Plans +